“What to expect at your first MVP Summit” – Here is a great article from Pat Richard (Exchange MVP)
Every year, there is a flurry of questions from newly minted MVPs about the annual MVP Summit. As a veteran of at least a 1/2 dozen Summits, I’ve created this post to answer the commonly asked questions. Hopefully, it should provide a good bit of info on what to expect. Feel free to ask questions in the comments below. This is a living post.
What to bring
Here is a list of things you should bring.
- Camera – You’ll be meeting a lot of people, putting faces to names. There are a lot of social events and social networking opportunities in which to record the moment.
- Business cards – As mentioned above, you’ll be meeting lots of people. If you’re in sales, tread lightly on the marketing push.
- Cold weather clothing – Seattle weather during the Summit time frame can be predictable (rain), and unpredictable (snow). It’s generally fairly cold during the time of the Summit.
- A suitcase with extra space. You’ll get a Summit shirt, you’ll go to the company store, and some product groups give out gifts. There is also the public Microsoft Store at the Bellevue mall.
- Laptop or iPad for taking notes during technical sessions and keynotes. I recommend Microsoft OneNote, which is available on both the PC and iOS platforms.
Read more at source - http://www.ehloworld.com/964