Azure Recycle Bin – We are all familiar with AD restore and Recycle Bin functionalities. Azure also has a recycle bin. When you deleted an object, that object is not permanently deleted. By default, that object will be in a recycle bin for 30 days.
The output of Get-MsolUser -ReturnDeletedUsers PowerShell cmdlet will provide all the objects from Recycle Bin. Once you have this information, you can either restore an individual object or restore all object using Restore-MsolUser PowerShell cmdlet.
The following section provide step-by-step instruction of restoring an object from Azure Recycle Bin:
- Open PowerShell window
- Import Azure Active Directory Module for Windows PowerShell
- Import MSOnline module
- Logging into your Azure Tenant using Connect-MsolService cmdlet
- Run Get-MsolUser -ReturnDeletedUsers to display all the objects in Recycle Bin
- Based on the object result, we have 5 objects in the Recycle Bin.
- You can use Restore-MsolUser -UserPricipleName .,UPN> cmdlet to restore an individual object as shown below:
- Or you can restore all objects from Recycle Bin using Get-MsolUser -ReturnDeletedUsers | Restore-MsolUser cmdlet.
PowerShell cmdlet reference:
- Get-MsolUser - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn194109(v=azure.98).aspx
- Restore-MsolUser - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn194109(v=azure.98).aspx